Boss GE-7 Equalizer
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
This classic pedal from boss is one of the most widely used EQ pedals out there. It has plenty of tonal manipulability and a volume slider for some boost. There are few other graphic EQ pedals that can fit so much quality into such a small footprint.
External Control: None
|Interface||Versatility||Tonal Reproduction||Live Application||Total Score|
This pedal is right in the middle in terms of tone manipulation options. There are neither too few options, nor too many. The volume slider is a nice touch as well. The sliders are quite close together and can be difficult to move one at a time if you don’t have tiny fingers.
The GE-7 does EQ well, but that is about it. The boost slider functions well enough but there is not much more to this pedal.
Unlike some other EQ pedals, this has virtually no noise when you crank the sliders all the way up.
Live application: 4/5
This is an easy and simple tone shaping tool. A good solution for anyone looking for more control over their EQ.
Trumpet - Blair Yarranton
"I have been using the Boss GE-7 for four years. I use it as a boost function, but also if I need to EQ out some valve noise. With that said, this is not as much of a concern since I switched microphones, but something to be aware about still. I acquired this pedal mostly because of its boost function. My clean, dry sound was significantly quieter than my wet, effected sound, so I needed to find something to boost the clean, and the GE-7 works perfectly. I also roll off the lows to help reduce the valve sound that is picked up by the microphone. I have the boost on for all clean playing, as well as with phaser and wah. My wah does have its own boost, but that boost is "negated" by the compression I always have on, so the EQ boost is perfect to give my wah sound more punch. I also love to use it when using a harmon mute!"
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohms
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohms
- Residual Noise Level: 1 k ohms
- Residual Noise Level: -100 dBu (IHF-A Weighted, Typ.)
- Variable Range: Equalizer Control: +/- 15 dB, Level Control: +/- 15 dB
- Connectors: INPUT Jack, OUTPUT Jack, AC Adaptor Jack (DC 9 V)
- Power Supply: DC 9 V: Dry Battery 9 V type (6F22/9 V), AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 10 mA (DC 9 V)
- Accessories: Dry Battery 9 V type (6F22/9 V)
- Option: AC Adaptor (PSA-Series)
Product info from the Boss website