Digitech HardWire DL-8 Delay/Looper
As with many pedals form their HardWire series, the DL-8 pack a formidable sonic punch. Characterized by high quality effects and sounds, the DL-8 is more of a bare bones delay pedal than many out there, but can still give you a nice range of delay options. There are some issues with the internal tap tempo interface, but overall, this is a solid delay pedal.
External Control: None
The tap tempo function is slow (takes about three seconds to switch to that function) and precision is difficult. All knobs softly click into varying positions as opposed to a clean sweep, making dialing in precise delay options easier. This pedal does not have an option to subdivide the tapped tempo which is a negative.
With 6 delay types as well as one looper setting, this pedal is quite diverse in its application. The different delays do have their own individual sound and some are truly beautiful.
Tonal Reproduction: 3/5
Not only does the pedal reproduce original sound and tone well, but its capabilities to change sound intentionally, other than Modulation, function well too.
Live application: 3/5
Although this delay pedal has some wonderful sonic qualities, its shortcomings in the tap arena are quite limiting. There is no external control to aid with this problem, so this box’s audience may be limited to those who are not looking for a tap-capable delay pedal. The added looping feature is a bonus if that is something you want in your setup.
- Input: Separate Left and Right ¼" Unbalanced (Tip-Sleeve)
- Input Impedance: 1 MOhms (stereo), 500 kOhms (mono) -- effect on
- Output: Separate Left and Right ¼" Unbalanced (Tip-Sleeve)
- Output Impedance: 1 kOhm -- effect on
- Controls: Level, Repeats, Time, Delay Type knobs
- Switches: On/Off foot switch
- Power Supply: 9 VDC, 610mW consumption, 70mA draw
- Battery Type: Single 9 VDC
- Battery Life: 5.25 hours
- Power Supply: (US and Canada) 120 VAC, 60 Hz Adapter: PS200R - 120
- Power Supply: (Japan) 100 VAC, 50/60 Hz Adapter: PS200R - 100
- Power Supply: (Europe) 230 VAC, 50 Hz Adapter: PS200R - 230
- Power Supply: (UK) 240 VAC, 50 Hz Adapter: PS200R - 240
- Dimensions: 3.5" Width x 5.5" Length x 2.25" Height
- Unit Weight: 1.3 lbs
Product info from the Digitech website