BOSS DD-7 Digital Delay
In one of their most popular offerings, the people at Boss have delivered a high quality delay box for a decent price. The is set the standard for many pedals that followed it and it is easy to see why. There are a few different delay types and a healthy amount of potential delay time. This is a pedal that will not break the bank and will definitely do the job.
External Control: EXP/TAP
This is an easy pedal to use. It can be initially difficult to figure out the various time-based delay settings and how they work, but that problem does not last long. You may have some serious frustration with the built in tap feature, but that can be alleviated with the addition of an external tap.
Although it is not high on the list of versatile delay pedals, the DD-7 does have a nice selection of good quality delay types.
Tonal Reproduction: 3.5/5
All of the delay types are good quality, and your tone will be nicely reproduced. The effect of the modulation seems to diminish its saturation in upper registers.
Live application: 4/5
Built like a tank, this pedal has lasted many years on many boards. It is truly a workhorse, especially for someone not looking to overcomplicate their setup with an insanely intricate delay pedal.
- Controls: E.LEVEL, F.BACK, D.TIME, MODE Pedal switch
- Indicator: CHECK (Used for indication of TEMPO, HOLD, and to check battery)
- Maximum recording time: 40 sec (in Hold mode)
- *Values may vary according to the mode and connections.
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 ohms or greater
- Power Supply: DC 9 V Dry battery, 9 V type (6F22/carbon, 6LR61/alkaline)
- AC Adaptor (PSA-series: optional)DC 9 V: Dry battery 6F22 (9 V) type (carbon)/Dry battery 6LR61 (9 V) type (alkaline), AC Adaptor (PSA-series: optional)
- Current Draw: 55 mA (DC 9 V)
- * Expected battery life under continuous use: Carbon: 1.5 hours, Alkaline: 6 hours. These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, Mode Sticker, Application Sticker, Leaflets,
- Dry battery (9 V type, 6LR61) *1OptionsAC adaptor (PSA-series), Footswitch: FS-5U, Expression pedal: Roland EV-5
Product info from the Boss website