Source Audio Stingray
Here we have one of HornFX’s absolute favorites. Second only to the Poly-Mod filter, this is one of the most variable and deeply editable filter pedals in existence. So many incredible sounds can be made with pedal. It’s ability to connect to the Source Audio Hub and the app for editing presets makes this pedal that much more desirable. This is not a pedal for the faint of heart. The Stingray is a vast landscape in its own right. There is an immense amount that can be achieved sonically, but if you are not interested in spending a lot of time learning this pedal’s functionality and how to manipulate its settings, then this is not the pedal for you. Please try this pedal. It is truly fantastic.
External Control: MIDI/EXP/APP/REMOTE
This pedal has many knobs and control buttons. They can be a bit confusing and difficult to master initially. The ability to use tap with the LFO and phase settings is fantastic. Without the use of the Neuro Hub, the Stingray can only can hold two presets. If you can put the time in, this difficult pedal will pay you back with happiness and funkiness,
Incredibly varied range of filters and filter settings. It has many different wave shapes that you can oscillate and many varied and great sounding phasers. Mix in a drive setting, a tone setting, and the ability to combine filters, and you have yourself one hell of a machine.
Clarity of Effect: 5/5
The Stingray allows you to choose how much of the effect you hear mixed with the dry signal. The effects themselves speak beautifully and are not lost or overpowered but the sound of the horn. Since any sonic parameter of each effect can be changed, you can achieve the exact sound you want to hear with some work.
Live application: 4.5/5
Simply one of the most useful filter pedals available. The limit of only two presets can be frustrating. Switching from one setting to another without the use of presets can be very difficult. However, if you use the Hub, and put the time in at home, this pedal can turn into a breeze. Just pick your preset and go.
- Diverse Sound Palette — Features 12 different Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Single Peak, Multi-Peak, and Notch filters.
- Onboard overdrive/fuzz that blends perfectly with any of the Stingray’s filter effects. Drive tones range from warm and natural overdrive to extreme fuzz.
- Control filter modulation with envelope follower, Tap Tempo LFO (sine, square, random sample-and-hold, or saw tooth), Hot Hand, or the Source Audio Dual Expression Pedal.
- MIDI Capable — Use the Soundblox HUB for MIDI access to control parameters and save up to 128 user presets.
- Deep Control Set — Access to control parameters typically found in only professional rack-mount effects, or computer software. Adjustable parameters include Modulation Depth, Filter Frequency, Resonance, Wet/Dry Mix, Overdrive, Overdrive EQ, Output Level and more.
- State-of-the-Art DSP — Our proprietary 56-bit Digital Signal Processor, the SA601, and crystal clear 24-bit converters.
- Two programmable user presets easily accessible via two dedicated footswitches.
- Multi-Function Jacks — Use the Source Audio Hot Hand motion sensors, or Dual Expression Pedal, for on-the-fly control over modulation or any knob parameter.
- Universal Bypass — Select either analog buffered or relay based True Bypass.
- Compact, rugged, cast aluminum housing. Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 4.5 in./11.4cm x H: 2.25 in./5.7cm (including knobs) 9V DC power supply included.
Product info from the Source Audio website